Acceptable Data Use Policy
Last updated March 31, 2023
This Acceptable Data Use Policy (ADUP) describes actions that Referable Limited (Referable) prohibits when any party uses the Referable Service. This ADUP is incorporated by reference into and governed by the Referable Terms of Service between you and Referable (the Terms).
Referable believes in companies using data for good, which is why we have created this policy.
Capitalised terms in this ADUP have the same meaning as defined in the Terms unless defined in this ADUP.
The following actions are prohibited under this ADUP:
- Using the Service to encourage any illegal, fraudulent, abusive, or other activities.
- Using the Service in connection with credit information or financial information about individuals.
- Using the Service for any form of debt collection.
- Using the Service to engage in, or in connection with fraudulent activity.
- Using the Service directly as the sole source of data for hard background check purposes.
- Using the Service to determine eligibility for a government license or benefit.
- Using the Service for any purpose prohibited by applicable data privacy and security laws, including the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act, the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or any similar state or national laws.
- Using any data that is subject to the GDPR and is contained in or derived from the Service for any purpose other than for business-to-business or recruitment activities and when you have a lawful basis to process such information for these activities.
- Using the Service for the benefit of a political, party, and/or campaign, or an advocacy group affiliated exclusively with or formed to benefit a political, party, and/or campaign.
- Using the Service to benefit any government agency operating as an intelligence agency whose purpose is to collect and analyse data on people for the purposes of, but not limited to, counter-terrorism, the creation of watchlists, individual threat assessment or mass-surveillance to support national security, military, and foreign policy objectives. Providers to intelligence agencies are also prohibited from providing our data to any governmental intelligence agency undertaking these or similar activities.
While we’ve done our best to make our ADUP complete, readable, and understandable, you may have additional questions. If you do, please feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below:
[insert postal address]
Attention: PRIVACY OFFICER